Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am so not cool!

I don't drink coffee. I don't like the way it tastes at all, although I love the way it smells when it is brewing. People try to get me to try new things, that they insist "don't really taste like coffee". I never like them and they ALWAYS taste like coffee. But, I love the idea of Starbucks (or some other local coffee shop). I really want to be one of those people who goes to Starbucks to read or blog or just hang out and sip a nice Venti Latte. (No, I don't know the Starbucks lingo, those were the only two words I could think of.) Better than that, I want to be one of those moms who walks around the mall enjoying her freshly brewed hot drink as her kids sit quietly in the stroller and she hangs out in the bookstore looking for a good read (to take with her the next time she goes to Starbucks). I don't think I've ever been one to really want to be cool, and I'm not sure where I get the notion that just because you can order a [insert ridiculously long drink order here and don't forget the "extra hot", because, you know, coffee isn't hot enough already] you are a cool person.

So, I try to be semi-cool. I try the iced, cream based drinks. The Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino (I'm still not sure that I spelled that right, I actually had to look it up) is my favorite, so I treat myself to one every 3 months or so. I know, it's pretty much like drinking a milk shake, but whatever. Lately, I hear people raving about how excited they are that fall is here which equates to the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Well, I know I'm not going to like the Latte, so today I decided that I was going to try the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino (cream based - I know, not cool). I think I really just wanted to be able to say that I had a Pumpkin Spice Anything. Unfortunately, I didn't like it at all!

I have tried and tried, but I think I'm going to have to find a new way to be cool. Any suggestions?

P.S. It makes me look even more uncool when people don't post comments - so please, just leave one to make me feel better!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

try the cay at Starbuck's. People like those really well. And then know one will know that you really have cay in your cup instead of coffee! or just drink coffee every day until you like it. things do grow on you after a while kinda like Ayran! haha.

Kim for the Kings said...

Definitely try the chai tea latte!

Regarding not liking coffee, don't try to change that!!! I HATE liking it since it's really so bad for me. I go in spurts of trying not to drink it and wishing I didn't like it so much, but in the end, I give in again.

Amie said...

I could have posted this blog myself! Get the hot chocolate, it's so yummy & cheaper than the others. I don't like coffee either, but I do like the white chocolate mocha (non fat milk, but w/ whipped cream). I've never tried to the pumpkin spice latte, but I may..... livin' on the edge here! Speaking of being cool.... I'll be posting one soon!

Vanessa said...

Okay, you're in luck because Christmas is coming soon and Starbucks has THE BEST peppermint mocha that they only sell during the holiday season. I look forward to it every year and want to get one every time we drive by a Starbucks. Hope you like it! Let me know if you do.

crysann said...

I know!! Get a coke and pour it into a coffee cup and fake it!! Just think of the money that you are saving!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Oh my, I wish I had your problem! I spend WAY too much money at Starbucks because I LOVE their coffee. Triple Venti Extra Hot Low Fat Caramel Machiatto is my fav. And yes, I am a big fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I stop there 2 times a week to get a coffee before Reagan has gymnastics (and yes, I do have an espresso machine of my own that I could make it myself, but it is so much better when the little barista does it. They all know Reagan by name, and she calls them "my Starbucks friends". She will see the Starbucks logo and say, "Mommy's coffee." It's sad really!

DMaC said...

Try pumpkin spice Pie ! That beats all. Granted you'll look silly with a piece of pie in your coffee cup but you could be setting the new "cool". Let me know how that works out.

Lisa King said...

I am uncool like you as well - and don't drink coffee. I was going to suggest getting hot chocolate - no one would know its not coffee - but I'm a bit late!!! :)