Thursday, October 9, 2008

Romeo, Romeo, where hast thou been, Romeo?

This post is probably not going to mean very much to most of you, but I just had to share. We are renting a house and have been here since March of this year. We learned quickly as the temperature began to rise this summer that the a/c was not working properly. It would run all day long and never really cool the house off. There were days (and yes, I was VERY pregnant at the time) that it would be at least 85 degrees in the house. I was miserable and very frustrated. We had some repairmen come out and they pretty much told us that it was running, but not cooling very well. Umm, thanks for that! Well, we later discovered that if we turned the thermostat down to 68 or so, it would cool the house. There were two problems with this... 1. The a/c was so, so loud, we literally couldn't even hear the TV over it, and it would run all day long to try to keep the house cool (it was 115 outside)! 2. Our electric bill has been outrageous! Today, we needed a repairman come and look at an electrical issue we were having. Come to find out, the electrical problem was a very simple fix, but while he was here (his name really was Romeo) he told me that we needed a new filter for the a/c and that is why it was entirely too loud and not cooling well. WHAT??? That's all??? We had one of those filters that you can rinse off and reuse, well - they stink! He said, go get the $3 filter at Home Depot and change it every 6 weeks and you'll be fine. I know this sounds extreme, but I wanted to hug him and I even cried a little. It has been a long, hot and loud summer and I was so thankful that he was the man that came today. I told him no less than 4 times that I believed God sent him to me. I know that seems extreme, but if you have been to our house recently, you will understand why I was so thankful. Thank you, Lord, for Romeo!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love that it was the simplest of solutions to such a major problem rather than an incredibly expensive solution. I cannot fathom how you made it through an Arizona summer pregnant without AC~ God Bless you! How are you? We dont talk enough and I read your blog all the time, checking to see if you've updated photos. I hope you and your family are well (and cool now!).