Monday, October 20, 2008

Save a Buck

These days, everyone is worried about, or at least thinking about, the state of the economy and how it affects them. I have to admit, I often complain of not having a lot of money and I am always in want, which is so sinful... But, I rarely honestly worry about not being able to eat or buy gas for the car. Lately, however, I am starting to think more and more about what I can do to save money here and there. A few things I am starting to put into practice: stretching and freezing meals, stocking up on meat when it is on sale and using coupons (I used to play this game, but haven't in a while - it's really worth it if you stick with it). There is so much more I could be doing, I would love to hear how you are pinching pennies. I will share a few blogs/websites that I follow. Every once and a while I find something on these sites that I can really use and is a great deal. 2 examples: The other day Freebies4Mom mentioned a $10 coupon and free shipping offer from Snapfish, so I ordered a bunch of 5x7 photos and didn't pay a thing! Also, last week was my friend Angela's birthday and I was going to take the girls bowling with their family. They had a coupon but I happened upon this article at Affluent Pauper and all 6 of us bowled for free for two hours, we didn't even have to pay for shoes! Of course, you should always double check with the company and/or store to make sure they are accepting the coupons, but it is well worth it! Are there other good "bargain" sites out there that you follow?

2 comments:

Amie said...

Some of these you had already sent to me. Thanks so much for this post. You know me, I'm doing the grocery game. I've been checking out other sites you suggested, too. You also know that Danny & I love to eat out, so one thing we've started to do to save money (& our waistline) is to get a meal & split it. I usually just add a side salad, but it saves tons of cash.
Hey, how do you add links to your post? I can't figure it out!

Amie said...

Oh, another site that Danny introduced me to is www.totallyfreecrap.com I've gotten something almost every week from them.